BECOME PART OF AN INNOVATIVE APPROACH TO EDUCATION
Indianapolis Metropolitan High School is a best-fit high school designed to support students experiencing significant barriers to their education. We are looking for passionate, talented and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Our team is focused on addressing systemic issues including generational poverty, racial disparity and the school to prison pipeline through:
SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING
We are an early adopter and leader in the Positive School Discipline Institutes and Peace Learning Center cohorts.
- We engage in trauma-informed training and restorative practices.
- We use positive alternatives to suspension and expulsion to wrap around struggling students with education and mentorship.
- Since implementing restorative practices in 2017, we’ve reduced out-of-school suspensions by 51% and expulsions by 81%.
FAMILY EMPOWERMENT COACHING
Coaches work with students on their pathway to graduation and post-secondary planning.
- Our team of coaches work with students to help address barriers both in and out of the classroom.
- Through our connection to Goodwill of Central and Southern Indiana, our coaches are able to connect students and their families to resources that support economic independence, gainful employment and self-sufficiency.
HIGH RIGOR, HIGH SUPPORT ACADEMICS
We support students with unique learning needs through mastery-based learning.
- Our school calendar is built around multiple learning opportunities that meets students where they are and supports them at their own pace.
- Grades are based on skill attainment over a semester; not attendance, participation, or a one-shot test.
- We offer support classes beginning at an elementary-level remediation through dual credit college courses and everything in between.
READY TO CHANGE LIVES?
In addition to serving our mission, Indianapolis Met teachers receive unique benefits, such as:
- Joining a passionate, committed team of educators
- Competitive salaries
- Annual merit increase opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-campus corporate gym
- Convenient location to downtown Indianapolis
- Growth opportunities throughout Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana
- Regular professional development experiences
- Incentives and prizes from Goodwill central office
Learn more today by completing this form or giving us a call at 317.524.4000.